Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What's the worst part of the game? (Opinions)
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
RE: What's the worst part of the game? (Opinions)

(01-02-2011, 12:27 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: Yeah whats the deal with that!?

Why did frictional remove some features for the game? just because it wasn't in the standalone game-play?

features are nice, leave them in :S
Spoiler below!

Its the reason I HAD TO CANCEL COURAGE!!!

I mean really? was it that resource heavy that you had to remove a few paragraphs of code?
honestly I kinda want to make a mod for penumbra instead :S

There are no paragraphs in code, my friend. Tongue But yea, I know what you mean...

I guess it's because no matter what we all think, Frictional is not a group of Jesus clones...they're just mistake-prone people like us...
01-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Website Find
TheFixXxer NL Offline

Threads: 2

I din't like Agrippa and the part when you have to find those crystal shards in that really big dark hall. Took me ages to figure out that those pipelines lead to them.
01-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Find
kidwithhouse Offline

Threads: 0

i think the reason why aggripa was bad had to do with the fact that for the scariness and intensity of the game, he is way too cheery and conversational.

Spoiler below!
honestly it sounded like aggripa wanted to go get a cup of coffee with me or do lunch.. it was a little conflicting for the whole feeling of the game.

don't get me wrong, walking down the stairs and seeing him dead and limp in the corner and thinking (yeah... this isn't scary at all [sarcastic]) and suddenly he pops his head up scared the life out of me... but he was like "sup? yeah i'm just chillin being tortured and stuff.. nothin new, really. what are you up to?" --not scary, kinda weird for the entire pace of the game.. it woulda made more sense if he started screaming at you or pleading with you to let him go or if you had to kill him to advance the game or SOMETHING else.

now sawing his head off and taking it with you was more comical than scary. i was like "LOL sure dude! let me just hop you in here next to my lantern"
all this to say, aggripa talked way too much.
01-15-2011, 06:42 AM
Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

Spoiler below!
I felt that the Cistern was the weakest part of the game, too many puzzles and not enough scares. I particularly didn't like the Engine Room, I spent hours in the two rooms with the levers and machinery before I thought to take the pipes to the room at the end of the hallway.

Monsters also became too easy to predict. In the first half of the game every time I went into a room I shut the door and made sure I had a good hiding spot. In the second half I only bothered closing the door and checking for hiding spots if I was about to solve a puzzle.

I also thought the Choir was too big (I only managed find to find the door leading out by wall hugging), but this was also good in that it made me feel exposed and vulnerable.
01-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Find