Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The spider-eating guy
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10
RE: The spider-eating guy

The spider eater guy part was the most interesting one of Overture, of course.
The spider eater said that he adventured deeper into the mine. Maby he was bitten by Wilbur and got infected. And that's why he cut off hes tongue?
Also, it could be possible that he saw Red, got scared and ran away. Like he said, hes leg had fracture. Undecided
Last time when I checked, Red wasn't the best looking guy of the year... Heart

Frictional Games weren't probably thinking so much about these little things. They just focused on the main story. So, the story may have some flaws. But, these little details makes the game more interesting.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011, 01:50 PM by Mehis.)
09-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Find
Patacorow Offline

Threads: 11

(09-08-2011, 01:43 PM)Mehis Wrote: The spider eater guy part was the most interesting one of Overture, of course.
The spider eater said that he adventured deeper into the mine. Maby he was bitten by Wilbur and got infected. And that's why he cut off hes tongue?
Also, it could be possible that he saw Red, got scared and ran away. Like he said, hes leg had fracture. Undecided
Last time when I checked, Red wasn't the best looking guy of the year... Heart

Frictional Games weren't probably thinking so much about these little things. They just focused on the main story. So, the story may have some flaws. But, these little details makes the game more interesting.
He cut off his tongue because he feasted on the spiders and got an infection from their poison.
A note says:
"I began to notice a thick, glue like substance forming on my tongue,
and I was forced to accept it had become infected through constant toxin
ingestion.
"

He also sprained his leg because of the infected dogs. Another note:

"...but found myself threatened by some species of feral creatures,
which seems to have made this old mine its home.

Although the specimen bore significant interest to me I chose to retreat, only
to be outmanoeuvred and outnumbered by the beasts. I turned and ran injuring
my ankle in the process, which I believe now is most likely a sprain, rather
than a fracture. For some time I cowered and fled in the dark, but a few hours
ago I discovered a door leading to a smaller disused part of the mine, the key
for which I still have in my pocket. Within that area I discovered this store
room, and I think it should keep me safe for some time. This place is a maze."

tl;dr: he encountered a pack of dogs during a search for aid, and they started chasing him.
He hid in the darkness (a hint for the player) and that's how he got away safely.

Frictional games DOES think these things up.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011, 02:34 PM by Patacorow.)
09-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

There is an illustration of Wilbur together with a dog in the intro of Black Plague when you start a new game. He looks like a wolfman, his mouth seems deformed to look like that of the infected and is wearing some kind of miner's helmet. That kind of mostly solves the mystery.
09-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Find
Mehis Offline

(09-08-2011, 04:38 PM)cantremember Wrote: There is an illustration of Wilbur together with a dog in the intro of Black Plague when you start a new game. He looks like a wolfman, his mouth seems deformed to look like that of the infected and is wearing some kind of miner's helmet. That kind of mostly solves the mystery.
What? It's Red...

09-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(09-08-2011, 04:38 PM)cantremember Wrote: There is an illustration of Wilbur together with a dog in the intro of Black Plague when you start a new game. He looks like a wolfman, his mouth seems deformed to look like that of the infected and is wearing some kind of miner's helmet. That kind of mostly solves the mystery.
PLEASE say you're kidding.

That's Red.

09-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(09-09-2011, 07:48 AM)BendyBread Wrote:

That's Red.
There's no answer to whether that's Red or Frisk. The narrator mentions Red when the image appears, but it's also possible that it's Frisk, since he tore up some dogs.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Website Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(09-09-2011, 11:48 PM)Lee Wrote:

That's Red.
There's no answer to whether that's Red or Frisk. The narrator mentions Red when the image appears, but it's also possible that it's Frisk, since he tore up some dogs.
You would think that when they mention Red and show a picture, it'd be a very clear indication that it was indeed him.
I don't remember if he ever ate dogs or not, but that could possibly be part of the picture. Lastly, Red is wearing the workers suit. I havent played black plague so I'm unsure if Frisk also wears it.

09-10-2011, 05:23 AM
Find
Mehis Offline

(09-10-2011, 05:23 AM)BendyBread Wrote:
(09-09-2011, 11:48 PM)Lee Wrote:

That's Red.
You would think that when they mention Red and show a picture, it'd be a very clear indication that it was indeed him.
I don't remember if he ever ate dogs or not, but that could possibly be part of the picture. Lastly, Red is wearing the workers suit. I havent played black plague so I'm unsure if Frisk also wears it.
It's clearly Red, because Philip mentions him at the same time.

'I found a disused mining shaft, and took shelter from the storm. You had to know how desperate I was.' Meanwhile, showing the picture of him going there.

Also, player can find a hanging dog corpse in Red's room, in Overture. And he said
'Hide and seek turned to seek and hide'

Lets now stay on-topic. Angry

09-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

my god you should know it had to be the...... X (older forum members should know this =P ) ( and of couse the secret "rule 11")

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2011, 05:40 AM by tonewww.)
09-11-2011, 05:34 AM
Find