Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler What scare did you miss in the game?
Skandis Offline

Threads: 5
What scare did you miss in the game?

Whilst playing the game, I believe at least a handful of us got the feeling that "Oh, I'd faint if this happened", but it wasn't ever done (or could've been done to a much larger degree). Got any of those, post them. Who knows, maybe they'll show up in a new game or in a mod.

Mine:

Item control
Spoiler below!
There wasn't anything that pulled your held item out of your hand, save for the tiny incident with the valve at the engine room
I would've just loved to see this being used more. Be it key items or just random debris. If something randomly shoves your item away as you hold it, I'd run and cry. It doesn't even have to be much, even just moving it a bit in any direction (even without losing control of it) would make bolt for the door.

Picture warping
Spoiler below!
So when your insanity hits a low point, the Alexander picture goes from unsettling to terrifying.
I would've loved to see these changes to a higher degree. Imagine if Alexanders picture warped as you saw it, with his eyes going red (well that's clique, but you get the idea) one or two points in the game when nothing else is going on.
05-27-2011, 06:32 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
RE: What scare did you miss in the game?

I thought I would have seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwoUdlx6irI

And I wish there was at least one part where there was a monster WITHOUT the accompanying music. As it is now, I just hole up somewhere until the monster disappears. I know it's safe to come out when the music goes back to normal. Of course, this would require more work be put into the sound so I can hear every footstep echoing down the hall.
05-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

Sanity should have larger effect to the surroundings. All walls etc should change their look more insane (with texture swapping) but not entirely different.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2011, 08:52 AM by Clord.)
05-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

I expected going max insane would cause Daniel to claw his eyes out.
05-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

I expected a monster at everything I picked up.

Also,
Spoiler below!
I expected like 4 grunts to charge at me at one time after assembling the orb, and I'd have to run like sh*t

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

I wanted way more insanity effects. I loved the appearing/disappearing roaches in the beginning of the game.
Although, I think I missed out on quite a few insane events because I cared so much about Daniel's sanity... I think I remember only falling down once at max insanity.

As for "Oh, I'd faint if this happened," I always thought, "Oh man, I would die if I opened this door and there was a monster right behind it." Even though I would hate that if it happened more than it already does...
Spoiler below!
lawl storage/prison
I would get really frustrated.
05-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Find
Skandis Offline

Threads: 5

(05-27-2011, 08:48 AM)Clord Wrote: Sanity should have larger effect to the surroundings. All walls etc should change their look more insane (with texture swapping) but not entirely different.

Makes me think of the part in Penumbra, Black Plague:
Spoiler below!
Where Clarence starts fucking with you completely. So when you're being chased in one of the main corridors and are just about to exit the door, you're teleported away to a part you don't usually stand in.
Freaking nervewrecking

Anyhow, when I heard "insanity" I didn't think purple beer vision. What I thought was more along the lines of "bleeding walls, hallucinated exits, hallunicated sounds, hallucinated hostiles, hallucinated consumables".
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2011, 02:52 AM by Skandis.)
05-28-2011, 02:48 AM
Find
jaivyn Offline

Threads: 1

I missed more things like
Spoiler below!
the sudden exploding jar in the archives if you held it.
05-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Find