Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Linkages?
Krimbo Offline

Threads: 8
Linkages?

Alright.
Before even finishing Overture I've just bought Black Plauge and Requiem.
I'm currently doing a Let's Play of Overture but I'm thinking of playing black plauge or requiem as just me playing it, not bothering with doing a series on it.

I was wondering.
do these 3 games link story wise?
I don't want to ruin the rest of Overture by playing black plauge or ruin black plauge by playing Requiem.

I might Let's Play BP so I'm hoping to play Requiem just myself.

Views? Smile
06-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Linkages?

The story goes Overture->Black Plague->Reqiuem. I highly recommend playing them in order!
06-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Find
Roy595 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Linkages?

(06-27-2011, 09:48 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: The story goes Overture->Black Plague->Reqiuem. I highly recommend playing them in order!

Same here. They do link story wise. HOWEVER, Playing Overture first is not absolutely crucial for an understanding of the story (one can get the gist in the first 20 minutes of BP). There really aren't any scare spoilers by playing them out of order either. There are a few things you would not understand though, like references to other characters or why the character is even in the facility in the first place. If you play Requiem before BP, there's a chance you'll spoil the ending of BP (and the series) for yourself, or you might just have no idea what is going on at all and miss it entirely lol. BTW, Requiem is basically a physics puzzle game with only a few story elements.

TBH, I thought Requiem was a little boring and only powered through it for the few sequences of "story", the last 20 minutes of the game, and the conclusion of the series. If you're looking to be scared or entertained and aren't that interested in the story, you might just want to skip Requiem. Unless, of course, you like the physics puzzles. In the series as a whole, Requiem really doesn't change or contribute much to the story. I will leave it at that not to spoil anything.

From where you are in Overture right now, I can only think of one major spoiler for you if you skip ahead and go right to BP. Still, its a pretty big spoiler and might just ruin the rest of the story of Overture for you.

I strongly suggest that you play them in order for the whole experience. Its better that way: it builds up to BP and concludes better if you do, and you'll understand everything and develop a bond with the character. You certainly don't have to, and its not going to ruin the entire experience, but its best if you do.

Edit: you're at the part in the game right after the worm right? I'd say you are getting pretty close to finishing, maybe about a little over halfway. Also, I will say one thing about a certain feature in Black Plague: despite appearances, that is NOT a penis. You will know what I mean when the time is right Wink
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2011, 10:53 PM by Roy595.)
06-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Find