Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Got problems
clock123 Offline

Threads: 18
Got problems

1.When I'm going into my game and then click on the custom story, I choose my own custom story and then the game crashes, I went to the hpl.log file and saw the problem, but I dont really know what it is.. it says :

" Setting profile: 'zurab' Path: 'C:\Users\Tea\Documents/Amnesia/Main/zurab/'
ERROR: Unable to open config file 'custom_stories/story root/custom_story_settings.cfg'! Invalid filepointer returned!
Error creating custom story from path "custom_stories/story root" : could not find custom_story_settings.cfg file or it was invalid.
ERROR: Unable to open config file 'custom_stories/Through the Portal v2.1/custom_story_settings.cfg'! Invalid filepointer returned!
Error creating custom story from path "custom_stories/Through the Portal v2.1" : could not find custom_story_settings.cfg file or it was invalid."

2.Another problem.. I can't change the resolution of my level editor,... I can't see the bottom in anyways, or at least I can't reach to it. I got no cfg file in my documents/hpl2 there are only .log files in there, like leveleditor.log , anyone knows how to solve the problem?

3.third problem,.. when I'm writing something in a note pad and it's running out of line, it starts snapping, and moving sideways.. how to fix it?

thanks for helpers. Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2011, 08:52 AM by clock123.)
07-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Find
DonProtz Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Serval things needed, thanks for helpers

Welcome to the forum Wink

Here you can read the basics and good scripting tips and examples....
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/start
And try to search the froum, think you will find something.

Cya

Hello my friend, stay a while and listen
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 06:05 PM by DonProtz.)
07-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Find
clock123 Offline

Thanks, that'll help me alot, But only one question... how do I see the bottom of my level editor?, it's like windowed mode which I can't see the bottom of it.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 07:46 PM by clock123.)
07-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Find
Rokotain Offline

Threads: 9

(07-21-2011, 07:44 PM)clock123 Wrote: Thanks, that'll help me alot, But only one question... how do I see the bottom of my level editor?, it's like windowed mode which I can't see the bottom of it.

Ha so awesome! (well not, but.)
I have the EXACT same problem. Although I've learnt to live with it.
Although you miss some buttons.

I don't really know anyway of fixing it :/
But you're not alone! Tongue

-Rokotain
07-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Find
JoeBradleyUK Offline

Threads: 20

(07-21-2011, 07:44 PM)clock123 Wrote: Thanks, that'll help me alot, But only one question... how do I see the bottom of my level editor?, it's like windowed mode which I can't see the bottom of it.

I have this problem, however I have learnt to pull the window as far as it can go, so there is no "x" button in visual. I just use the quit button to exit instead!

:Work In Progress:
Insanity
07-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Find
clock123 Offline

so basically I will never be able to test lights on darkness at the editor?, that's what i'm trying to do.. another question,, I'm trying to put some blood decals and it looks glitchy in the editor, like it's popping out and going back into the floor, is it really like that in the game?, is there a way to fix it?
07-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Find
JoeBradleyUK Offline

(07-21-2011, 08:30 PM)clock123 Wrote: so basically I will never be able to test lights on darkness at the editor?, that's what i'm trying to do.. another question,, I'm trying to put some blood decals and it looks glitchy in the editor, like it's popping out and going back into the floor, is it really like that in the game?, is there a way to fix it?

I haven't used decals in my custom story yet, I have seen them in the editor though and mine did the same thing, but I think the decals arn't glitchy in game, it's just how they look in the editor. Plus, if you pull your editor window as far as you can upwards then you may be able to see the lighting options etc. at the bottom. That's what I do.

Insanity
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 08:37 PM by JoeBradleyUK.)
07-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Find
DonProtz Offline

Threads: 15

open leveleditor /edit/options/resolution change it ^^ i mean the resolution

Hello my friend, stay a while and listen
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 08:39 PM by DonProtz.)
07-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Find
clock123 Offline

Hmm, thanks for the advice lol.... but I think I already tried that and it didnt work...
and when I pull the window to other direction, I mean when I pull the toolbar which you can exit minimize, etc. It returns to it's normal position, so I can't really see anything or press anything, is there a way to see darkness without having to press the down toolbar?
07-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Find
JoeBradleyUK Offline

(07-21-2011, 08:46 PM)clock123 Wrote: Hmm, thanks for the advice lol.... but I think I already tried that and it didnt work...
and when I pull the window to other direction, I mean when I pull the toolbar which you can exit minimize, etc. It returns to it's normal position, so I can't really see anything or press anything, is there a way to see darkness without having to press the down toolbar?

Hmm, I've never had that problem of it snapping back into place, you may just have to test it in game to check lighting, unless someone else has a solution.Undecided

Insanity
07-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Find