Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New Monsters?
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: New Monsters?

[/quote]Something like a spider queen?
I don't know, sounds a lot like a typical Egoshooter boss monster...
Might work for another chase sequence though.
[/quote]

If a spider queen would exist, a chase sequence is alright. Please keep the same formula. The thing with people, we all have our own tastes, but I feel keeping the same formula is best.

Examples:

Doom was fun. Even Doom II & Final Doom was nice. Why? Because the sequels had the same basic formula. It may have a few new guns or monsters, but the overall gaming was the same.
Descent was fun. Descent II was even nice. Again, about the same. Descent III got SO boring after a while. Why? A lot of different things in that game. The same formula is Descent I and II was changed.
Finally, Call of Duty and its expansion. Neat fun game at times. COD2, fun! Why? It did some minor changes, like Doom 2 and Descent 2, but it didn't change its formula.

So please, keep Penumbra the same. Maybe that queen spider, but as a chase sequence.
Keep in mind, there is a reason some of us love the game. To me, it's unique and just plain fun.
When someone likes a game, they tend to like how its done. Obviously. So why change things all around? You could easily damage what we liked about the game.
07-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New Monsters? - by Juggerdan - 06-05-2007, 06:55 AM