Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What defines a survival horror?
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: What defines a survival horror?

Condemned? (I made an oro mouthpiece a few weeks ago for Halloween! =D I have pictures on my Deviantart. If you want to check it out, go on my profile and there's a link =3) I honestly DON'T see that as a horror game. Just apocalyptic in a sense. Only thing horror about it to me was the bear in Bloodshot >>

Survival Horror to me is a horror game... Where you SURVIVE. FEAR is a TERRIBLE horror game in my opinion, I'm sorry. It's so bad... XD Maybe if it was made under a better company, it'd be better, but it's so choppy, predictable, and annoying (30000min of fighting the same people, then 1 minute of alma. repeat. >> LAZY)

A S.H. is a horror game specifically to strike fear into the player by the feeling of death or getting caught. My examples of SURVIVAL HORROR (not just simply "horror". These two are surprisingly different, and I wish people would understand that) that I know of are Penumbra, Amnesia, Fatal Frame, and Dead Space on Hardcore mode. 10 times playing DS2, and Hardcore scared the hell out of me. lol These are my favorites too, so I guess I'm a big Survival Horror guy. Just found that out.

Horror is simply HORROR, where it can be scary, but it doesn't mean you have to fight for survival. This goes for FEAR, Condemned, Dead Space, Doom, Silent Hill, screen-horrors (where you click on things in your screen to progress), etc.

In short... "Horror" and "Survival Horror" are two similar, but definitely different genres.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2011, 11:42 PM by Statyk.)
11-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What defines a survival horror? - by BlueFury - 11-21-2011, 10:26 PM
RE: What defines a survival horror? - by Statyk - 11-21-2011, 11:41 PM
RE: What defines a survival horror? - by BlueFury - 11-21-2011, 11:48 PM
RE: What defines a survival horror? - by BlueFury - 11-22-2011, 03:55 PM
RE: What defines a survival horror? - by BlueFury - 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM