Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotlight small bundle of light
Sauron The King Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light

Hello Statyk (again Big Grin ),

I'm new to the material Editor. Could you make a material for me, which is a Billboard ingame and will look like a really light blue bundle of light? It shouldn't fade in length, but it should fade in width.
Because it doesn't sound like much work at all, but after experimenting with the program, I just didn't get one beam of light...

Scaling it the level editor does work. If I scale "bb_yellow_lightray.mat", it almost look good, but it fades in length which it shoudn't...

(12-11-2011, 11:10 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(12-11-2011, 11:05 PM)Sauron The King Wrote: Hello,

I want to make a spotlight, which emits a reall small bundle of light, just like a laser.
You have to see it clearly, in the air. How can you make that?
And, does there exist a mirror of some kind, maybe a custom entity. Because ingame I want the light to reflect. Of course it won't reflect by itself, but I need something that would reflect it in real. If there isn't, I will use a bottle or something like that.

Grtz,
Brian
Don't use a spotlight... Try a Billboard. Make an image of a red line and apply it as a .mat and put it in the billboards folder. then just scale it.

12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light - by Statyk - 12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light - by Sauron The King - 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light - by Khyrpa - 12-12-2011, 06:55 PM
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light - by Statyk - 12-12-2011, 09:36 PM
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light - by Khyrpa - 12-13-2011, 07:16 PM