Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture

(12-09-2011, 09:38 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(12-09-2011, 12:54 AM)Funman Wrote: I just enjoyed Amnesia a bit more, not sure why. It's probably because i played it first. If I'd played Penumbra first I may have liked it more.
This is what I believe too.
Yeah I got told to come around and play amnesia when it came out, knew nothing about Frictional Games at the time. Scared the crap out of me. Then my mate told me about the previous games. Started playing through Overture and loved it. When you first enter the mine, not knowing what was down there, had an great atmosphere and kept me on edge wherever I went. Knowing that every corner had a dog or something around it.

But after my first dog chase (dying a few times) I realized that you can just out run the dogs and get to a main door to escape, but I guess that's the same with Amnesia, but you have more protection while hiding. I know that you are meant to use stealth on Penumbra, but I found it more entertaining running around them, weren't that scary after a while. But still getting chased is terrifying knowing that you can't afford to look back.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
12-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture - by BrooksyFC - 12-13-2011, 11:05 AM