Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with custom models, need tutorial
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Trouble with custom models, need tutorial

An exported model must be a .dae, which I'm assuming it is because it's in the viewer. Did you apply the UV map in the 3D modeling program FIRST? It won't apply correctly if you apply the .mat in the ModelEditor alone. Open it in the 3D program again and apply the UV mapping, THEN make a .mat, open the .dae in ModelEditor (you should see the texture now), and arrange your .ent the way you need it. Save in your "entities" folder and it SHOULD show up in the level editor library.

Also, you can use .jpg, .png, .dds, or .tga... Only differences are that jpgs do NOT support transparent alpha channels. I'd stay away from those as much as possible, because they even wear down the picture quality =\... I usually use .png because they DO support alpha channels and are high quality. I'm not exactly sure about DDSs, though I feel they hold layers and higher details, as well as mipmaps (i have no idea what those are either >> ) and .TGAs... I don't know. I never use them.

Hope this helps ya =]

Model looks amazing by the way!
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2011, 11:15 PM by Statyk.)
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble with custom models, need tutorial - by Statyk - 12-19-2011, 11:13 PM