Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with custom models, need tutorial
Mr Robville Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Trouble with custom models, need tutorial

Thanks a lot (both help and compliment)

Yes I apply the texture and UV map inside the modelling tool (Cinema 4D is what I use)
I'm not sure how you mean this: "...e UV mapping, THEN make a .mat, open the .dae i..."

I don't have any .mat files, the only 2 files I have now is the Oak.PNG texture, and the staircase.DAE
when I used the .PNG file, the model was finaly shown in color, and a .MSH file is now created inside the folder of the staircase.

, in the meantime I have been trying a bit.
The model opened fine in the Model Editor. and I exported it to an .ENT file.
But when I load the map in the level editor, I can't find my model anywhere.

EDIT-------------
Alright, I still couldn't find the model when it's saved in the custom missions folder. but as soon as I copied it to the original game file entities... well take a look at this:

[Image: Amnesia2011-12-2021-13-07-11.jpg]

huray!
Collissions still don't work, but I figured I can add these in the model editor.

Still I want to know how to make it appear in the entities list when it's in the custom missions folder.
(saved to D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Titanic\entities\Staircase)
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2011, 09:18 PM by Mr Robville.)
12-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble with custom models, need tutorial - by Mr Robville - 12-20-2011, 09:04 PM