Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you make your own painting?
Mackiiboy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: How do you make your own painting?

(01-31-2012, 09:40 PM)palistov Wrote: 1) Open up the image you want as your painting in Photoshop, GIMP or some other image editing program.
2) Export it as .dds (DirectDraw surface)
3) Open it in the MaterialEditor tool from HPL2
4) In the middle section, tick the Diffuse box
5) To the right, browse for that bitmap you exported from PS/GIMP
6) Save the material
7) In the LevelEditor create a plane and change it to your image
8) Select your plane and orient it so it covers the painting's canvas and fits the frame well. Then go to the second tab
9) You'll see 6 fields. The top three control tile size. The float value you input is the number of tiles per meter squared. Values of 0 through 1 will make your tile size large, while values above 1 will make it smaller. The bottom three control tile offset. The first value is X offset, the second is Y offset. Since we're dealing with planes here, disregard the middle field for both lines; it does nothing.
10) Tweak these values until the painting looks good.

This is the method I would prefer. I do this kind of thing a lot, actually. Using planes to compensate for a missing part of a model, or to cover up another part.
Great method I must say. Thanks a lot that you took your time, wrote this and explained it in an easy way! Shy
01-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
How do you make your own painting? - by Mackiiboy - 01-31-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: How do you make your own painting? - by Mackiiboy - 01-31-2012, 09:50 PM