Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

If you liked my other posts check out this COD: Black Ops lucky headshot!
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: If you liked my other posts check out this COD: Black Ops lucky headshot!

I was actually talking about xPICKLEMONSTER's post in a way that *mainstream* fps's does not always need to be crappy, but now this is going in a flame war. Especially after seeing two different people understanding two different things...

I find it interesting how blaming a community being hipster is normal and blaming same community being tasteless is being arrogant. I'm not saying anything about other people or their taste, but I don't understand how these two are different. Obviously I missing something.

The word *mainstream* is quite delusive and hypocrite; and I really don't like it (I actually don't like any word that tries to categorize any person like *hipster*). Anything that became popular can be exposed to haters by the term "mainstream". It's interesting that I've never seen Half Life 2 to be called mainstream, but CoD is being called mainstream by lots of people.
Just because a game has haters and/or fanboys doesn't make anyone hipster or tasteless. This, however, doesn't make anyone to have a taste. I've seen many people without taste, but it's their choice.

This wasn't a discussion about categorizing people, calling games mainstream, offending or defending someone. It was about Vyrmin's youtube video of him playing CoD Black Ops, and let's keep it that way.

03-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you liked my other posts check out this COD: Black Ops lucky headshot! - by Tanshaydar - 03-10-2012, 09:14 PM