Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a book into a note item? and another re texture grunt question.
Sammi79 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: How to make a book into a note item? and another re texture grunt question.

(03-21-2012, 06:27 PM)Statyk Wrote: For the book being a note. Open the book model of choice in the ModelEditor and go to "Settings > User Defined Variables" and change the Type to "Item" and the SubType to "Note". Save as a new entity with a different name.

As for the retexture. Have you renamed the textures? The .dae is the base model itself and follows the texture directory and you have only changed the .ent, which are basically variables applied to the model. open the .dae in Notepad or Notepad++ and hit "Ctrl+F" and search for the ORIGINAL name of the texture, in this case, it will be "servantgrunt_dds". You will see it like this:

<library_images>
<image id="servantgrunt_dds" name="servantgrunt_dds">
<init_from>file:///E:/Frictional_2/animations/mutant_Project/servant_grunt.bmp</init_from>
<extra>
<technique profile="MAYA">
<dgnode_type>kFile</dgnode_type>
<image_sequence>0</image_sequence>
</technique>
</extra>
</image>

________

Change the bolded part to YOUR directory, save as your "shadowgrunt.dae", and open in ModelViewer.
Also be sure to make the .mat follow the correct directories as well.
Shy

Wow, thank you, that was really quick. And your instructions are very concise, perfect for me, many respects. I shall try these in an hour or so after me dinner! yeah I missed the .mat and .dae files derrrp!

Kind regards, Sam.

Acer Aspire 8943g LT/ Intel i7-720qm~1.66GHz/ ATImob.RadeonHD5850 1Gb/ 8Gb-DDR3/ Win7x64 Home Premium
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM by Sammi79.)
03-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make a book into a note item? and another re texture grunt question. - by Sammi79 - 03-21-2012, 07:01 PM