Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving models without losing material?
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Moving models without losing material?

(04-07-2012, 05:04 PM)Adrianis Wrote: I didn't think they use direct unc file paths, so moving it shouldn't make a difference. Are you sure there wasn't an issue before moving it?
I am quite positive, because I can create entities of the models and view it in the model viewer, but the level editor is messing things up. Also, the same model and texture files work with Unity3D so I'm very sure the problem lies with the level editor.

Quote:The level editor uses the resources.cfg file to find these things. If
the folder you're placing your custom objects in is not listed in the
resources.cfg, then you're going to have issues like this.

That is interesting, I will look into it as soon as I'm back at my work computer.

EDIT: I did look through the resource.cfg but I'm not sure what you mean, it doesn't show my other custom story directories either but their models are shown just fine. The only folder of interest that is shown is the "static_objects" folder (in which a subdir with my custom models is stored). Am I just supposed to add my folder to the list? But that doesn't seam right either because I didn't have to do that with my last custom story.

btw, it seems I'm the only one having these issues, am I retarded or something lol?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012, 08:46 PM by eliasfrost.)
04-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving models without losing material? - by eliasfrost - 04-07-2012, 08:01 PM