Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving models without losing material?
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Moving models without losing material?

(04-07-2012, 08:01 PM)nackidno Wrote: That is interesting, I will look into it as soon as I'm back at my work computer.

EDIT: I did look through the resource.cfg but I'm not sure what you mean, it doesn't show my other custom story directories either but their models are shown just fine. The only folder of interest that is shown is the "static_objects" folder (in which a subdir with my custom models is stored). Am I just supposed to add my folder to the list? But that doesn't seam right either because I didn't have to do that with my last custom story.

btw, it seems I'm the only one having these issues, am I retarded or something lol?

The level editor has no trouble loading models by manually placing them in the map by replacing a default model with yours, while the level editor is open. Save the map, close the level editor and open the map, then your custom models will either disappear or have other issues if the models' resources are not found within one of the directories listed in the resources.cfg. This is assuming your models aren't also stored in the static_objects folder. The game, also, automatically resolves the file paths of the custom models found within the custom_stories folder (in relation to the currently assumed custom_story_settings.cfg file). This entails that custom story resources are always secondary, at least until the custom_stories folder gets listed as the first directory in the resources.cfg file (but no one should consider doing this as it will affect the main campaign).

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
04-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving models without losing material? - by Your Computer - 04-07-2012, 09:00 PM