Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcing: A Dark Night In London (FC)
R. Peters Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Announcing: A Dark Night In London (FC)

(05-12-2012, 12:52 PM)SilentStriker Wrote: To learn about how to use particles, look in FG's maps and look at the settings on how they did it Smile
Oh I have Smile I do know how to use them, I just don't use in the same way as Frictional did. I guess it's just a style thing. I like my environments to twist the normal ever so slightly, a spot of poor lighting in the right place etc. A dark corridor is an every day, spooky situation for example, but I wouldn't fill it with Red Mist. While I agree that doing fog areas like that is creepy and gets the desired effect, I think the premise of frictionals Amnesia allowed for the use of things like that, whereas mine doesn't. You are right though, the best way to learn these things is to look at the amnesia maps in Dev. mode, which I do regularly for inspiration and learning Smile

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
05-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing: A Dark Night In London (FC) - by R. Peters - 05-12-2012, 01:00 PM