Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Flashbacks and Script Areas
NoobasaurusR3X Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Questions about Flashbacks and Script Areas

(05-21-2012, 09:22 PM)FragdaddyXXL Wrote:
(05-21-2012, 07:47 PM)NoobasaurusR3X Wrote: 2) How would you disable the player's "hand icon" that appears on script areas? I want the player to be able to walk through the script areas but not be able to click on them with the "hand icon" that appears in-game.
What kind of Areas are you using? Are you sure you are using the Area of type: Script? And not some other area's by mistake?

As for the flashbacks, it depends on what you mean. If you want to emulate the kinds used in the main game, where your screen is kinda red, everything is slightly blurry, the flashback takes place in a whole other location, and the player has no control of the character, then you should get familiar with:
*Screen Effects
*TeleportPlayer(string& asStartPosName);
*The Player section of the Engine Scripts Page
*Timers

Once you have some familiarity over that, you could have a trigger do some screen effects, teleport the player to a location somewhere disconnected from the map (in a small room), make the screen effects fit the scenario, and, with a timer, teleport the player back to the area that triggered the whole shebang.
Thanks for the help Big Grin That idea for flashbacks would be very useful, however I kinda wanted the flashback to be similar to the conversations Daniel has with Alexander when the screen flashes white, audio kicks in and the player is forced to walk slowly.

The release trailer for Amnesia uses this effect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyHtk_ZhZAk

As for the areas, I am using the "Script" ones. Maybe the hand icon is appearing because I'm in developer mode?
05-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions about Flashbacks and Script Areas - by NoobasaurusR3X - 05-22-2012, 12:21 AM