Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Dark Descent - Animated Short Film
Juke Offline

Threads: 2
RE: The Dark Descent - Animated Short Film

I'm not offended at all. Like I said it's my first animation I've ever done and I cheated a lot by making it against a black screen. There are a lot of flaws in there that you can't see because it's so dark.

I also don't have a proper program that would work well with animation. I simply dropped all my drawn frames into VideoPad which is a basic video editor somewhere between Windows Movie Maker and Sony Vegas. One of my biggest issues with it was the low quality preview which meant I often had to render the whole video just to see what a single scene would look like. So as the project went on the duration it took would eventually reach 30 minutes and then more often than not I had to redo the scene after taking a proper look.

This is the reason I went for something very basic and didn't try to over do it because the tools and experience I had were too limited for any high quality stuff.

I'm glad there are those who like it and I don't condemn those who do not. I'm just happy I managed to pull off something like this because I'd never tried before. Who knows, maybe I will raise the bar someday.
07-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
The Dark Descent - Animated Short Film - by Juke - 07-02-2012, 06:36 PM
RE: The Dark Descent - Animated Short Film - by Juke - 07-04-2012, 11:13 AM