Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Björn Pankratz (game developer) playing guitar with his wife.
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Björn Pankratz (game developer) playing guitar with his wife.

(08-08-2012, 10:18 PM)Traggey Wrote: Is it just me who find these ''hardcore'' gamers that believe themselves know stuff about how the gaming world actually works annoying? I've been spotting them all over the internet over the last five years and 80 % of the times these people have no idea what something alike a texture, or a rendering feature such as anti-aliasing is.

if you ask me, ''hardcore'' gamers, are the ones developers and people whom enjoy games should listen the least to.
I basically agree that "graphics are unimportant" is a stupid concept that has inexplicably become popular among elitist gamers, but I don't think having technical knowledge is really important. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion and even if somebody who doesn't know anything about 3D graphics says something looks unappealing to them their opinion is still exactly as valid as someone who has studied it for years. The only thing that's important is aesthetic appeal and that's what I consider good graphics. I think Morrowind has some of the best graphics in any game ever and that game is considered by some to be almost unplayable without graphics mods (which I don't use). The level design and use of colors is just so good, almost every area is like a painting (I even like the character models, though the humans are a little inexpressive). It doesn't need high res textures and advanced graphical features to be "good" in my opinion. Sharp graphics with sophisticated lighting and rendering features can only make something better but they cannot come before aesthetics.
08-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Björn Pankratz (game developer) playing guitar with his wife. - by Bridge - 08-08-2012, 11:54 PM