Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

WHITE screen crossfading effect during paying game
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5
RE: WHITE screen crossfading effect during paying game

(08-29-2012, 08:53 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 08:40 PM)johnbox Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 08:34 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Actually johnbox, I think he is referring to flashbacks.
damn it, you're right. sorry for my incompetence.
mmh, never thought about that. i personally don't really care about that, but if you want it to fade black, just open the script-files of all maps, take search & replace, and change the important parts, so you get a black fade, instead of white. should be possible. or just forget about those things, i personally never heard anyone complaining about this.
Actually the flashbacks are handled by flashback areas, being activated when the player contacts one of them. The .hps file doesn't handle the flashing. The white flashing I believe is in the source code, so if you want to remove the flashback whiteness all I can think to do is remove the flashback entirely.
i'm not sure, i never scripted that much yet, so it was just an idea, but yeah, you're right. there my incompetence striked again! yay.

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHITE screen crossfading effect during paying game - by johnbox - 08-29-2012, 08:57 PM