Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Will Frictional Games make more Sea/Air monsters?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: Will Frictional Games make more Sea/Air monsters?

(11-02-2012, 01:09 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: How are you going to make an aerial monster move into the air and such? What if there's an obstacle?
...well Skyrim did it. Big Grin On a more serious note - so did Drakan: Order of the Flame, in 1999 no less. Now obviously, HPL 2 isn't up to such a task in its current state, but I guess if they wanted to have that feature in HPL 3 they would theoretically be able to implement it.
Didn't remember Skyrim made a flying monster, that's cool. What would be funny (well for the monster, but annoying to us) is if the monster was able to snatch the lantern you use to light your way Tongue

(11-02-2012, 11:15 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: A thought just occurred to me, what kind of sea monster would they make?Humanoid, gigantic and more horrifying version of known deep sea life, or merfolk?
Tubifex-infested divers? (Tubifex was the inspiration for the Shadow in Amnesia) I think it would be in some way human - like again. They seem to be very fond of the whole "used to be human once" - theme for their monster designs. Big Grin
Quote: I think yes in the future they would. With the Kaernk they took the first step to water monsters. I hope to see more water creatures.
I think the Kaernk was not so much a step in the direction of water monsters, but rather an experiment in terms of game mechanics. It was a play on the ol' "The floor is lava" - game everybody used to play as a kid...

Hadn't heard of Tubiffex, but good to know the Shadow's inspiration. Yes, the 'used to be human once' theme would fit the Frictional Games theme. Good point with the Kaernk, definately don't want to stay in the water long.
11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Frictional Games make more Sea/Air monsters? - by The Rock Worm - 11-02-2012, 01:30 PM