Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Castle Dorian [Full Version] [Download is now online!]
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Castle Dorian [Full Version] [Download is now online!]

I really liked it until the point I entered the castle.

(1) Mapping was great for the first levels, up until the point of entering the castle. I don't know what happened, but it felt really rushed and felt like it was made from a different person altogether.

(2) The little courtyard was a cool area, but it's not very grunt friendly. Screwing around, I tried to box him in a little corner, but got found. So I jumped onto a box and onto his head, we both had fun. I even got him to destroy one of the locked doors for me. So kind, so kind.

I jumped over the railing, and the grunt couldn't get me because of the raised ground I was on at the bottom.
Then he randomly dissapeared (Enemy distance I suppose). You should have some extra scripting to look out for that stuff, because it happened again on the 2nd or 3rd to last level (Holy crap was that level laggy). It was a fairly large place, and a Brute was wandering around. I also found a random Calamine, I think that was a mistake.

(3) Your lighting killed the mood for me also. Sad

Their was a fair amount of clipping also, and places uncovered. Some railing and door ways.

(4) Doors. For the Arched Castle doors, you need to position them correctly so they don't close every time you try to open them. Look at the original Amensia maps for help, it's a bit tricky.

(5) Well my last point, and the saddest. I didn't have any fun. I can point some areas IMO, to why it wasn't fun for me.
(5a) You should of asked someone to help you with the story / writing. Your english isn't that good, and a lot of it didn't make any sense to me. And it felt to cliche or stupid Hollywood horror film writing.
(5b) The levels were to short and fast I think, and I hardly felt scared at all, and the times that I did feel scared just vanished almost as fast as it came.
(5c) Their wasn't anything new really, some keys and items used many times before. Their wasn't any excitement in exploring, or figuring out something new.
-------------------
It was a great attempt, outdoor levels were great. Everything else was really bland. For your next project, create some creative puzzles please! Smile
11-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Castle Dorian [Full Version] [Download is now online!] - by Rapture - 11-21-2012, 08:02 PM