Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror

on point two, wich i agree with wholeheartedly, I personally Beleive the addition Of MP will Always ruin a game i think, because Marketing, and i have more than enough personal experience of how greedy they are, will automatically aim it at the lowest common denominator (GOW Fans, Fans of a certain Warfare franchise and Burnout Fans, Depending on Genre), to get the fastest possible buck, and force the devs to make the game a Casual Smackfest.

I mean, Just look at the new "Tomb Raider" for proof, Regenerating Health with "Bloody Screen!, so Real...", Cover to Cover "Press X to Cover", Lara cant swim, no "proper" platforming, its done By QTE instead, no puzzles, again, replaced with QTE. over in 5 hours tops (and thats from Eidos), whats the difference between it and Gears Of War gameplay wise? i dont see any? mechanically identical, and mechanically inferior to "Real" Tomb Raider (TR1-Revelations, Lara Died in The Last Revelation as far as i am concerned, all later Tomb Raider productss are non cannon for me) in my opinion, and quess what, this is genuine text from the Crystal Dynamics Press Release taken from "Kotaku" "We are aiming the game at todays Console based Social Generation with our awesome new Tomb Raider themed Online Deathmatch..." why am i not suprised the SP ended up as yet another GOW Clone TPS, and is going to... well, stink, another Resident Evil 6.

Personally to me, as soon as they say "multiplayer componant" i know the game is going to be a dumbed down Smack fest developed on the xbox-360 and immediatly abandon it as i know it would leave me either upside down, nauseus, Patronised or downright Angry at being backstabbed in favour of "new gamers" who won't buy the game anyway because it doesnt say "Gears Of War", "You Know What Activision Game" "Halo" "Battlefield" "Burnout" or "Need For Speed" on the box, and most new gamers are total utter spoilt brats with mionumental "entitlement" fantasies and attitude issues the size of lake maracaibo (at least im still only coniston water sized) who wont buy any game that doesnt have one of those "kewl" titles on it (just read youtube comments on any game that doesnt have one of those titles but does resemble them in gameplay for proof of there attitudes to "game x ripoffs"), resulting in the game flopping as the old established fans like me will mostly be boycotting the developer/publisher for backstabbing us, and the new fans hating on it for not being one of the "kewl" franchises, i mean, come on games industry! was "Douche Narkem :Failever" (sorry i physically Cannot bring myself to call it Duke) not lesson enough that you "Don't Sell out"? and, with me especially and my focal distraction issues, a very nasty combination of all of them.

id rather not comment on assasins creed, as well, as i said, you can have the best story in the world, but to me, if your gameplay doesnt meet my standards, that story counts for diddly in my personal opinion.

Same as i know if MP came to Amnesia, greed would set in somewhere, and we would end up with a wave based, very dumbed down, gun filled "Zombiez" mode with the Amnesia title slammed on it, as thats what happens, every time, as soon as companies focus on multiplayer, as EA's Marketing division will see the dollar signs, use a nasty little legal trick to purchase frictional out and automatically make the dev team aim at the lowest common denominator, teenage, american, console, gamers. hence why i am totally against MP in Horror, or any Non MMO game. keeps EA away!

I am sorry to say this, and sorry for being such a douchey, ranting old git, but i have not yet personally seen one game aimed at todays "socially connected" multiplayer market that has not been a washed out casual experience that treats SP as nothing more than a tutorial for the MP, with a clear focus on console gamers with very simple gameplay, extrememly poor graphics (as they have to work on the postivly pre-historic Xbox360), a PC port (if they even bother) that is so full of bugs and so rushed out it wont work if there is a Y in the day...and 'Murica..

And i am fed up of it. in fact, i'm getting ANGRY!, I am a Single Player only European PC biased gamer, and, i am getting kind of fed up of being ripped of by "fastest buck possible" American megacorps Like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Enix, 2K Whatever, aiming Everthing at the "Social/Casual generation",. the sooner gaming splits in Half with the inevitable demise of the console, with casual social multiplayer going to the phones, and Challenging, immerseve single player heading to PC, the better for all of us and the games industry in general i think. Leave Multiplayer for Phones and MMO. Keep Everything else Sp only and Classic. or the games industry will tank again, its already slipping...
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2013, 09:52 PM by the dark side.)
01-31-2013, 09:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Acies - 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Ghieri - 01-29-2013, 01:27 AM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Apjjm - 01-31-2013, 02:45 AM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Zaffre - 01-31-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by the dark side - 01-31-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Ghieri - 01-31-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Apjjm - 02-01-2013, 02:04 AM