Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people don't care about the history?
gatts205 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Why do people don't care about the history?

Story is incredibly important aspect of a game, for me. Possibly the most important. I can definitely reiterate much of what the previous comments have said. However, I feel it is important to stress that, unless a strong reason to the contrary exists, the back story and storyline must have a logical flow. I have played a few custom stories that were otherwise decent, but inconsistency between different parts subtracted, sometimes terribly, from the experience. This tends to bother me even more then spelling and grammar.

It is also important to keep in mind the surroundings in which the player is given information. I am not by any means a level designer, but giving information in places where receiving that information is unlikely can ruin immersion unless done very skillfully. For example, finding a note from the head of the household in a beaten up section of the cellar does not make sense. However, finding it in the office or giving that person a reason to be down there improves it somewhat. It can even be done by adding a simple sentence into the text.

Because I seem to be straying off point, it is best I stop here before this post becomes the dreaded wall-of-text that no one will ever read.
02-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do people don't care about the history? - by gatts205 - 02-14-2013, 12:34 AM