Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your FAVORITE gaming console?
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Your FAVORITE gaming console?

Ouch. It wasn't very smart to put entire console groups. But it will do.
The PS/PS2/PS3 group would win soley on PS2, it's the best selling (and best) console of all time. However, I'm a modern person and got my PS2 a bit too late to really love it.
My vote goes on the Xbox 360. It's the best console for any gamer. The Wii sells a lot but that's because average Joes (and even Janes) buy it because it's fun for people who never even played a game before. It's probably a lot fun and I'm thinking of getting one for christmas but in the end it's got only a few high-quality games and is pretty childish. The Playstation 3 is pretty awful (especially here in Sweden where it costs about as much as two bundles with the Xbox 360s and three games with each) and I think most people buy it as a bluray player. Now blurays are dropping in price though, so soon it won't really be useful for that either.
I barely play PC at all anymore. Most games for both PC and console are usually better on consoles nowadays. The only games I prefer on the PC are the Crysis games and all Steam games.

My second vote would go to the Playstation 2. With true classics such as Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, Ico, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Shadow of the Colossus it really is the only choice. I got mine pretty late though, so I have never really loved it. I'm not a big fan of the Dualshock controllers either.
My third vote would go to the Gamecube, I love that thing. It looks great and the controller is the best of all time. I've only got a few games and only really played Resident Evil Remake, Zero and 4. Resident Evil 4 completely makes it worth it though. One of my favourite five games ever.
Still the last generation console I've got the most games for is the Xbox and it's got tons of good games. Still it feels like many Xbox games have aged quickly and have gotten better 360 equivalents, so it goes last the last gen.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
12-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Your FAVORITE gaming console? - by Yuhaney - 11-18-2008, 01:11 PM