Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particle systems on Water Lurker
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Particle systems on Water Lurker

(06-11-2013, 05:45 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Why didn't you just put a red particle then set it to a waterlurker? It may work.

I tried that first. It crashes the level editor. I think it's because it has no body.

However, I edited the Wood Break particle, removed the part of the wood splinters leaving only the dust, made it red, now it fades. There's probably a setting somewhere in that particle editor, but at least this works. he still "juts" forward but that's fine. Now I just need to find some good sounds for his movement and maybe figure out how to make a custom splash screen for damage since the slash ones don't fit.

Thanks though Smile

(06-11-2013, 05:51 AM)Rapture Wrote: Attaching the Particle to the entity should work, I think Damascus at one point got a Suitor covered in Electricity Particles.

You'll have to edit the Particle (If you haven't already) to make sure any values need to be adjusted and things like it repeating are on.

How does one attach a particle system to an entity? Water lurker has no joints so I dunno if I can. I know I could attach it to a grunt/brute/suitor but they don't behave like a lurker and that's the behavior I need.

Edit: I tried giving the water lurker a body, then attaching the particle to that, but in-game I just see the particle sitting there not moving, even when he's inactive (not even possible to activate him at that point)

Things are working adequately right now. I just need to slow him down a bit (I want him to follow you but not as fast as the lurker does) and all will be good. Took me months but I'm almost done with this damn custom story.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 06:08 AM by DeAngelo.)
06-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Particle systems on Water Lurker - by DeAngelo - 06-11-2013, 05:21 AM
RE: Particle systems on Water Lurker - by DeAngelo - 06-11-2013, 05:54 AM
RE: Particle systems on Water Lurker - by Rapture - 06-11-2013, 05:51 AM