Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Definitive date for updated Level Editor / AMFP Assets / .3ds compatibility
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Definitive date for updated Level Editor / AMFP Assets / .3ds compatibility

(09-15-2013, 06:45 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: I have an idea. Why not rig it in Blender, export it, then import it in 3DS Max/Maya? Doesn't that make the Blender skeleton became Maya/Max armatures?

That's what i've been doing this whole time, and, yeah, i can get it to animate, but the animations still fail when imported into HPL2 (i.e. the mesh implodes in on itself). Even rigs that were created in Maya and exported from Maya into HPL2 have issues. This tells me that it's not necessarily the 3D modeling program's fault and that the current HPL2 engine's COLLADA support is outdated. The only animations i've gotten to work were those not related to armatures. I can only hope that the version of 3DSMax that TCR used is a pretty recent version and that the HPL2 engine was updated to where i can "export and forget."

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Definitive date for updated Level Editor / AMFP Assets / .3ds compatibility - by Your Computer - 09-15-2013, 07:00 AM