Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!

I personally don't see anything wrong with this, it's a fairly interesting idea and it's kinda cool to see what the community can put together. Though, I find several of the 'improvements' here pointless and unnecessary.

(09-16-2013, 09:38 AM)wretch Wrote: Interactivity: You'll be able to carry a lot more objects, just like good old The Dark Descent!
Last worked on: Not started
TCR limited interactivity for a reason. Performance. If you add back intractable props like the original game, expect a lot of complaints about laggy maps, especially areas like the Mansion.

(09-16-2013, 09:38 AM)wretch Wrote: Exploration: Most of the locked doors are now unlocked and open for exploration.
Last worked on: Not started
Again, there were about a half dozen rooms in the first level that were uninteractable, if you add a dozen more rooms just for exploration, I have a feeling it'll affect the performance negatively. A few additional rooms will be nice, but for the rest, I suggest to leave them be. Maybe add interactivity so that you can at least try to open the door, however, since not being able to touch the door is a lot less satisfying than being able to try to open it with no avail.

(09-16-2013, 09:38 AM)wretch Wrote: Countless of minor changes: One of the many is the old chase theme from ATDD returning, as the new one is silent and does not induce the terror the old one did.
Last worked on: 2013.09.16
This is rather vague, but the mention of replacing what I can only assume is the terror meter is a bad choice in my opinion. The goal of this is to improve AMFP, not make it like TDD, changing the terror meter because you don't like it is a bad example of managing the improvements. You say it's silent, and true, it's rather subtle, but what you can do to possibly improve it? Perhaps amplify the sound...? Not sure about you, but that's the first thing I'd try to do before replacing it entirely.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
09-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by PutraenusAlivius - 09-16-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by wretch - 09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by Unearthlybrutal - 09-16-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters! - by Potato - 09-18-2013, 06:05 PM