Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help How do you make a well detailed level?
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: How do you make a well detailed level?

All of amnesia modders were begginers back in tha day. The tips from this thread won't give you much, the best way to get some experience in level editing is making maps, not for a custom story, but some random maps, start off from basic, not advanced levels such as dungeon corridors with some rooms, labyrinths, etc. By making these levels you will get some experience, and you will be more creative. Being a more creative gives you more ideas such as how should the level look like, what resources are you going to use, etc. I would personally reccomend for you to first draw some sketches of the level, to see how it should look like. Keep in mind it will take a lot of time, but you will quickly notice that every map you make is getting better, believe me, I had the same problems too :) We all had. Don't rush yourself, take your time to learn more things and maybe someday you will make one of the best mods using HPL engine! Good luck on your learning :)
02-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you make a well detailed level? - by Slanderous - 02-18-2014, 09:10 PM