Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Think the next game will require more?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Think the next game will require more?

In the case of Amnesia, each installment is meant to be it's own experience, as opposed to a part of anything larger. With AMFP, they decided to focus more on story than they did in TDD. So what?
Frankly, it bugs me when people hate on games that are more story-oriented. The point of gaming is escapism, and storylines help to further achieve that goal of playing. Then again, why should I be surprised when these same people who diss story-based games are also the type who usually say 'I don't read books' or complain that most of the written word is too complex for them to follow...

As it is, what did you expect when it was announced that FG was having someone else develop it? I knew right off the bat that it wasn't going to be the same as TDD was.

All of that being said, I love the game. But then again, I'm a writer, so story is a big thing with me.
As far as the other elements of the game go, I feel like it could use just a tad more action - or at least, force you to deal with the monsters more frequently, as thus far I've managed to miss a few encounters completely [because I'm apparently just that awesome at stealth lol] and there's been two cases in which the Wretch should have been able to spot Oswald, but somehow didn't... and the one time he was literally crouching out in the open a foot away from it xD. That's really the only criticism I have.
03-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Think the next game will require more? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 03-01-2014, 10:18 PM