Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finishing up Pyramid Head Model
vengey Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model

Wow thanks for the fast reply guys o.o
Well here is the deal..first off gotta say, thank you Juras for helping me out a while back, finally am getting a chance to continue working now that it is summer
Anyways, so the issue is this, the animations all work fine and the character is animating in game. The attack animation WORKS, I have no idea how but there have been a few RARE occurrences where I would hit some sweet spot and the animation along with the events and damage would play out.
So the attack animation DOES WORK, but the attack animation DETECTION DOES NOT

I plopped the model into my Resident Evil test map I slaved over a while back to test it out. I jumped down from the balcony to activate him and he would chase me ladeedadeeda but once he would get closer and closer he still wouldnt attack

So I modified the model a little more fiddling with attack distance and to no avail

Now for the fun part. I jumped from the balcony once and BOOM he attacked me, I think it was before he began chasing after me. So this is how I know it works. Only problem is i dont know where the fuck the sweet spot is where he attacked me.

So in conclusion here is the REAL PROBLEM
The attack animation works, but I dont know where the absolute hell the sweet spot trigger for the attack is located relative to the enemy. That's why I showed the bounding box around PHead before he is placed down because in reference to that box or hell the character itself, where the hell is the trigger the player collides with to initiate the attack sequence?

That's why I feel like it definitely has to do with those inputs I mentioned earlier, but I have no idea where the coordinates are relative to in reference to the enemy Sad

05-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Finishing up Pyramid Head Model - by vengey - 05-29-2014, 03:52 AM
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model - by Juras - 05-29-2014, 08:38 AM
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model - by Juras - 05-29-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model - by vengey - 05-29-2014, 09:50 AM
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model - by Juras - 05-29-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model - by vengey - 05-30-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model - by vengey - 05-30-2014, 04:21 AM
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model - by Juras - 05-30-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: Finishing up Pyramid Head Model - by vengey - 05-30-2014, 04:02 PM