Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod
Zatchie Offline

Threads: 2
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod

(08-16-2014, 01:32 AM)Reminiscity Wrote: From reading the comments I gathered that you have problems with performance. I downloaded the demo with the intention to play it (and I will) but I was curious on how much custom content there were so I went through a couple of folders to see whats up. I noticed that you use png for textures on a lot of models but I also saw alot of dds extensions. This puzzled me. My guess is that you would increase perfomance greatly if you use only dds because of the mipmap feature dds has. The image file size might increase (I'm not an expert and too lazy to look it up) but because of mipmaps performance would most likely also increase. I'm tired as fak atm but I hope I'm getting across. And I do realise, considering the quality of the models, that you're modeller is most likely fully aware of mipmaps and how they work I'm just throwing it out there just in case. Maybe you could give me a reason for png and teach me something?

Looking forward for this mod! Ha det gött gubbar!

I am well aware Smile We wanted to ship this demo out so that we could get some criticisms for our upcoming mod. The PNG's are there because I didn't want to fuck things up right before we released the mod. But it's a pain in the ass converting everything because all of the textures are PNG's because I wasn't aware of the issue before. ALL of the PNG's will be removed for the full release. Tack detsamma!

Founder of Frunken Productions. Map designer and 3D and texture artist
http://frunkenproductions.com/
http://youtube.com/frunkenproductions
08-16-2014, 01:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by Wapez - 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-11-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by Zatchie - 08-16-2014, 01:40 AM