Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU
BrokenJadeMirror Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU

If you read the supersecret.rar files, some cut story content (probably cut late in game development as this is a more recent file that closely resembles the finished game), Simon was supposed to encounter another suited robot much like himself, except it was a little less lucid and very close to dying. Putting some of it under the spoiler tag cause it's kinda long.

It's located supersecret.rar>>design>>documents>>updates.doc
The link to the password to supersecret.rar can be found in some other threads on the forum.

Spoiler below!
-i- Find suit robot; try to talk to it (dialog)
When just outside of the Robot repair room you hear some mumbling from inside. Going inside you find a robot made up from a suit sitting in corner, mumbling to himself.
DIALOG: This is 10 or more lines, each pretty long (10 seconds) that are meant to be played at random. The robot is convinced he is a human, but is in some catatonic state. The whole situation together with some problems with his simulated mind has just left him in this sort of state. Want to make sure it does not feel like he repeats himself, so want to have some overlap in what he talks about in each subject. We want him to go of as confused, scared and traumatized. It is also crucial that it is evident that he does not see himself as a robot and that he is not 100% correct in how he sees the environment. Also note that these around bound to be interrupted. Somewhere in his ramblings he must talk about having to shut the door, wanna keep it fairly subtle, but together with the other hints, it should make it pretty clear to the player what needs to be done.

Since it's not canon though, it's hard to say where it fits into your discussion.

I'll add that I've been curious the whole time how exactly the WAU managed to build Simon since it doesn't exactly have a physical body. The little robot at the foot of the pilot seat Simon wakes up in is a likely candidate.

Also, the teaser trailer shows the WAU room from Alpha before structure gel creates that mouthed monstrosity that you can stick your hand into and get it torn off if you choose to kill the WAU. I'm curious how the brain that the WAU supplanted with those mechanical parts is related to how the WAU understands PATHOS II and the humans inside.
09-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU - by BrokenJadeMirror - 09-25-2015, 03:54 PM