Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain in Jar Character from the first trailer Spoiler possibly.
caffeine4671 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Brain in Jar Character from the first trailer Spoiler possibly.

(09-25-2015, 06:19 PM)Noisecode Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 05:33 PM)caffeine4671 Wrote: Okay, so I'm aware that what the first teaser showcased wasn't the main character nor was it to be a gameplay section. But do we the player ever learn what his name is or why 'Raznik' and him were taken by
Spoiler below!
WAU to have their brains assimilated by mechanical parts? Were they one of the many failed experiments made by WAU in an attempt to preserve humanity or what? I know the WAU is basically interpreting human life and death in the only way it can (as boolean values) but this has always bothered me.

This trailer was so creepy and interesting and I was just wondering if there's a note somewhere to shed light on this.
Spoiler below!
There's a monster/character name Aker who's motivations are insanity and odd religious ferver, but I can't see him being the culprit behind the brain-in-jar. Regarding the WAU, it's way too bizzare and oddly calculated (in a non-computer like way) the WAU alone to do this. I dunno, maybe it isn't that disconnected and it's more of a 'we needed to make this trailer creepy to get the player interested', kind of like 'Vivarium' seemed alien-like at the time but now can be explained as just them setting the mood and trying to draw us in as an audience. This whole time I thought there was something cool behind Vivarium, but it was really just a twisted piece of machinery assembled by an A.I. that has no clue what sentience means, and Reed was (rightfully)freaking out at seeing a copy of herself. Nothing more nothing less

I'm wondering, has anybody on here done some detective work on notes that you find in game that can shed some light on this? Is there a note in supersecret.rar that explains who the character was/is? Undecided

From what we have heard / gathered that scene was made specifically for the demonstration and does not appear or is referenced anywhere in the game, nor in the secret rar file

HOWEVER.... apparently the assests for the weird spider drone that crawls off the wall are still in the game files (but the creature itself does not appear) as are the odd WAU / Giger wall growths that you have seen.

Further evidence that the developers had possibly not made a decision yet on Soma's setting at the time that video was made is the inclusion of what looks to be concrete / plaster walls that the character breaks down to proceed. Construction like that would probably be a poor choice in the ocean depths. Also, if you examine the contents of the Supersecret.rar file that came with your game it has behind the scenes screen shots that indicate a direction for Soma's setting and tone that was never taken.

I knew it wasn't ever to appear and that it was constructed, but it's a damn shamn that it was cut entirely from the plot/story as well. And the more I look at it the more I have to agree with your alternate-direction theory. We have a date listed for the supposed film 'Depth' as not being in 2103 but in but in the 2020, contradicting the date in the game, further solidifying that not every part of the story was set in stone. This date actually makes the brain-in-jar-demo make more sense if you put that together with the old low-tech surroundings and a door that opens non-automatically (and concrete walls).

Shame, shame, shame! Here's to getting my hopes up that something cool referencing it would be included. One of the developers did say that it was a different character other than Simon, so was kind of interested to see if there was a note.

Oh well!
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 06:31 PM by caffeine4671.)
09-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brain in Jar Character from the first trailer Spoiler possibly. - by caffeine4671 - 09-25-2015, 06:29 PM