The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dear Frictional (some advice)
soopytwist Offline

Threads: 3
Dear Frictional (some advice)

If you're going to allow players to trap a monster in a room DON'T magically teleport said monster out of it again.

This is the most sloppiest of game designs I've ever seen, a cheat and ridiculously unfair.

I'm talking about Theta of course, the Proxy that stalks you while attempting to access the elevator after running the ARK simulation.

I spent an hour figuring out how to trap the Proxy and having finally managed to trap it in the Medical Lab next door to security I felt pretty awesome having won over the damn thing. Imagine then my bewilderment when running back to the elevator there's the Proxy standing right there; followed swiftly by insta-death.

I actually rage quit in disgust. I'm not even sure if I can be bothered to load up it up again.

Here's what should happen and I really would suggest this is patched:

1. You find the chip while sneaking around to avoid the Proxy. It should NOT magically teleport behind you after you just watched it run down a corridor away from you.

2. You find the security station and update the chip, you also quickly learn this computer can lock and unlock doors.

3. You throw a fire extinguisher into the Medical Lab and sneak back to security.

4. You wait for the Proxy to enter the Medical Lab and you lock the door...

5. ...Where the proxy REMAINS.

6. You can now relax safe in the knowledge that the Proxy is locked away leaving you free to explore the other rooms you avoided while being stalked. That is until...

7. ...Heading back to the elevator you hear a crash (the Proxy just busted out!), you've got mere seconds to attach the chip, close the panel, hit the switch and dive into the elevator before it comes charging.

Sound better?

Patch this in and I won't uninstall yet another unfinished disappointment in my Steam library.
10-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Dear Frictional (some advice) - by soopytwist - 10-02-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Dear Frictional (some advice) - by Googolplex - 10-02-2015, 09:27 PM
RE: Dear Frictional (some advice) - by Googolplex - 10-02-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Dear Frictional (some advice) - by TiManGames - 10-02-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: Dear Frictional (some advice) - by Slanderous - 10-02-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Dear Frictional (some advice) - by humanoid - 10-02-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: Dear Frictional (some advice) - by Romulator - 10-03-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Dear Frictional (some advice) - by Romulator - 10-03-2015, 02:07 AM
RE: Dear Frictional (some advice) - by Dundle - 10-03-2015, 07:03 AM