Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My feelings about the game.
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11
RE: My feelings about the game.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I've recently replayed Amnesia and a lot of Custom Stories, and I for one am glad that this game moved far far away from "run and hide from monsters!", as after a while it just becomes tedious to do so.

Personally I think what makes this game work so well is the level of care and detail the Frictional put into building the in-game world. The construction of Pathos-2 and its environments "makes sense", in that things have a logical or plausible reason for being the way they are, with each section of the station laid out in a way that tells a narrative of its own. There are no hallways or rooms that are meaningless or items and props in rooms that don't have some sort of purpose.

From beginning to end there's no lull in the storytelling, each asset you encounter tells yet another part of the whole. It keeps you riveted and engaged and wanting to know what happens next. Truly remarkable storytelling.
10-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
My feelings about the game. - by Siseasu - 10-12-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: My feelings about the game. - by PathOS - 10-12-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: My feelings about the game. - by geladeira - 10-13-2015, 01:28 AM
RE: My feelings about the game. - by Siseasu - 10-15-2015, 11:01 PM