Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Game. Awful Translation.
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Awesome Game. Awful Translation.

At the end of the day, the translation as released by the German localisation team, whether it be a single person or a group of individuals, may contain some errors, issues or mistranslations as there would be with any other project. A translation's main constraint from English to any language is context; there are so very many words for some objects (seat, bench, chair, etc) but may only one in another language. A lack of understanding contexts and fluency in English results may result in problems. Even I have some issues translating some English to Chinese, since I probably require a more basic word than something specific.

If you feel you can improve the translation, go for it! Release an add-on mod for it and upload to ModDB (I am aware you do not use the Steam Workshop). The only real thing Frictional can do from this point on is ask for the translation be proof read and/or adjusted to suit contextual language; but if the community is working on such a project, then there is no need for them to take much further action.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 04:23 PM by Romulator.)
10-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Awesome Game. Awful Translation. - by Wolfspirit - 10-23-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Awesome Game. Awful Translation. - by Romulator - 10-25-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Awesome Game. Awful Translation. - by Mudbill - 11-03-2015, 03:50 PM