The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished this fantastic game... and I can't believe how much I missed! (SPOILERS)
Mettanine Offline

Threads: 1
Finished this fantastic game... and I can't believe how much I missed! (SPOILERS)

So, I took a while to finish this game and that may have been part of it, but I am astonished as to how much I just didn't get on that first playthrough.

I'll elaborate, but first I have to say: This is an incredible game with a fantastic story, that I enjoyed immensely. And it cemented Frictional's place in the list of my favorite game designers/studios among the Top 10. The leap from Amnesia (which was brilliant in its own way) to SOMA is just astounding and I can't wait to see what's next.

Although I grasped the main story and themes, there are dozens of details that I missed or were not mentioned as far as I know (and I am someone who always tries to find every last scrap of information):
  • Who built the body Simon is in and why? Who activated him and why? I know that the body is Imogen Reed's but other than that I'm stumped...
  • Why did some people get "stuck" in the robots? Why did others get turned into monsters and still others were put into the structure gel? Is it all the WAU's doing?
  • How do you know the names of all those monsters? I can't remember them being named in-game.
  • How do you know one of them is Akers? I read about him a lot, but... huh?
  • How do you know the guy from the last part is Johan Ross? I don't even remember that name, although I probably read it somewhere.
  • What does Johan Ross actually want? For you to kill the WAU, yes. But why?
  • When do you learn that all the beheaded bodies are due to the WAU detonating the black boxes? I read that on the forum, but I didn't even know those things were in their heads.

Part of my problems may be that I'm not a native speaker and many of the transmissions were hard to understand, but I didn't think I would miss such huge chunks.

Oh, and by the way: Am I the only one who didn't kill the WAU? I never saw someone mention that here. I didn't do it and it didn't seem to impact the game at all.

Well.. I'll definitely play this game again once I get a faster PC. It was playable but pretty sluggish on my crappy Laptop.
11-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Finished this fantastic game... and I can't believe how much I missed! (SPOILERS) - by Mettanine - 11-02-2015, 10:13 AM