Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

References, Lovecraft and otherwise
Perogi Offline

Threads: 1
RE: References, Lovecraft and otherwise

I believe Amnesia draws inspiration from many Lovecraftian Stories. In "The Haunter of the Dark" the protagonist finds a 'shining trapezohedron' which sports the same unearthly qualities as the orb from Amnesia (constantly changing shape, no identifiable color, etc). Looking into this trapezohedron summons the haunter, an avatar of Nyarlathotep which hunts and destroys those who have seen the trapezohedron. Much like the shadow from Amnesia. A more loose reference is from "The Color out of Space" where a meteorite carrying an unidentifiable colored orb crashes into a farmhouse. The orb bursts and releases a strange gas which proceeds to suck the life out of the farm and surrounding countryside. The whole gate concept near the end makes me think of Yog Sothoth (described as the gate in numerous stories) and of the Yith from Shadow out of Time. I'm sure there's more but that's all I got for now.
09-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
References, Lovecraft and otherwise - by NGW - 09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: References, Lovecraft and otherwise - by Perogi - 09-09-2010, 02:49 PM
RE: References, Lovecraft and otherwise - by NGW - 09-09-2010, 05:20 PM