Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Worst Level Design in the game- the Choir room
Harry Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Worst Level Design in the game- the Choir room

(09-11-2010, 02:20 AM)nofsky Wrote: It's not very hard to find the torture rooms in the choir once you figure out that you can just follow the big pipes that lead from the entrance to each of the torture rooms. I think they are there to take the sound of people getting tortured into the cells in the area near Agrippa. Notice how each cell has an open pipe in it.

Yeah, it's even mentioned in the note describing torture that pipes are used to funnel the sound into the awaiting victims cells.

I have to say, I actually 'loved' the choir if one can use the term. To me the expanse actually made it even more oppressive and horrific. There's something comforting about knowing an escape route, having rooms to hide in and knowing your location...all of which vanished when I foolishly wandered out of sight of the main door with no sense of direction.

Of course, when I realised I was lost, my first thought was to find a wall, and stick with it in one direction until I made it all the way back to the entrance. I think it was great design to have this massive room where you might suspect another 'chase' to occur but it actually doesn't. Games can become quite formulaic and for many of us you can tell the Choir jars us a bit, but thats whats so good about it... the fear of "surely something has to happen..."
09-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst Level Design in the game- the Choir room - by Harry - 09-11-2010, 03:37 AM