Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Will this game be brought to consoles in the future?
thePyro13 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Will this game be brought to consoles in the future?

(09-11-2010, 04:17 AM)MASKO Wrote: Lovely Lovely Lovely, except Single player PC games profit margin gets destroyed by bittorrent. Now you may be bad mouthing Console gamers and stereotyping them but as is the PC market is full of pirates absolutely destroying small companies profit margins. Were on the 360 pirates are the way smaller percentage.

That isn't strictly true. I've read some games were far more heavily pirated on console than PC(And I'm not referring to console only games ;P). The only reason PC piracy gets so hyped up is because publishers can actually implement their own DRM on PC, rather than relying on whatever the console manufacturer has provided.

As far as Amnesia goes, I wouldn't expect it to go to console. The developers built their own engine, it would take quite a while to port it to only one console, let alone two or all three. Then they have to find a publisher who's willing to carry the game to consoles and rely on retail sales as their is no digital distribution for them to use. It could take a long time and cost a lot of money for very little pay-off(relatively).

(09-11-2010, 04:33 AM)Koblo Wrote: ...Of course, this all matters if one believes that piracy equals lost sales, which I believe it doesn't (at least not dramatically).

This is my opinion also. Of the pirates I know, when the option to pirate a game isn't available(due to DRM), they just skip the game. And these people do shell out for the games they actually want. They're not lost sales, but in some cases they can be an opportunity to gain sales(I believe someone from Valve said something along these lines as well).
09-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will this game be brought to consoles in the future? - by thePyro13 - 09-11-2010, 09:22 AM