Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm

I would love to put time into scripting up these. I feel like this is something I could do well. Scripting was always my strongest suit in HPL2 anyway.

We should definitely sit down together, perhaps in a call (/r/SOMA on Discord?) and discuss and write down everything we need, if we are available for such. I like the ideas here, and as long as I have a complete overview, then I can try to judge what will be a challenge, and what will have to be a workaround. So far this all sounds possible with a little smart thinking of how the core scripts will work.

I might be able to gather some people for VA and music as well if need be, but that'll be later in that case. I could also do a few custom models if we need them, though I'm no expert. I probably do best with creating small objects, like tools and perhaps some furniture and generic items for the scenes should we need 'em.

I could also help conduct the scene itself, but I might want to dedicate myself to the core scripts instead and then let someone else actually piece them together in a clever way. We'll see.

(Tbh I'm quite hyped about this idea, something I haven't been with Amnesia in a long time)
(Another weird thing is that I feel like I've thought of this myself as well earlier. Perhaps it's a common idea?)

Oh, and one more thing, as a nice detail near the end: If we need any artwork done (like cutscenes or newspapery stuff or maybe mugshots for suspects?), I have loads of contacts/friends we could check on. I'd pay for it if all goes well.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 11:31 PM by Mudbill.)
10-17-2016, 04:30 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm - by Mudbill - 10-17-2016, 04:30 PM