Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm

That's exactly what I have in mind! I would place this office place in a home though. There would be a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, office, and, if we want to involve supernatural stuff, a small library with weird literature (player would be able to inspect books to see some fancy names, and sometimes read them if it would help in investigation).
@Romulator: I wanted the mod to be generally more Machine-for-Pigs-ish than Dark-Descentish (You used plain mansionbase). I will prototype the apartment and then we'll start screwing around with it.

Btw, I have copied some MFP assets that didn't require special conversions (like the phone did). I have entities and static objects that I found most useful for the project - bathroom, new mansionbase, and, most important, the streetbase for building city maps. As far as I know, Frictional allowed us to use these assets in Dark Descent mods. So I'm sharing the ones I have:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3JDGK...VpOWGdSZmM
There are some assets that don't work in there, but I didn't have time to sort them out. They don't crash the editor though. And there are some that overlap with DD, but not too much.

As I can see, you guys are planning a Full Conversion, or am I wrong ?
Does this Discord thing save the conversations ? So people could catch up if they weren't present during chat ? If yes, I think we can use it. I registered to check how it looks, my username is darkfire.

Also, how can we solve the problem of working on the same files across a few computers? We ofc could use dropbox, but we'd still have to kinda take turns working, wouldn't we ? Btw, is google drive any worse than dropbox ?

I have an idea that the investigation would revolve around the bloody bathtub entity from MFP. FYI it's not only bloody, but it has some flesh inside, too. Could be a serial killer, who chops his victims and throws them in the bath, or something similar. Is this idea good enough or are we looking for something else ?

I've found music that pretty much fulfils my needs for moodiness. They're a band with a contract though, so I doubt they will accept us sharing it for free in a game. But we're looking for that kind of sound. Look especially at the song "Street Tattoo" that starts at 19:23

Last but not least, I'm thinking that the protagonist would be called William. But I'm not too sure about the surname, maybe something starting with B ? He would either be a legit detective or a rogue freelancer that would try to beat the police to solving the case.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 12:50 PM by Darkfire.)
10-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm - by Darkfire - 10-23-2016, 12:34 PM