Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamp puzzle scripting help
Soon Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Lamp puzzle scripting help

Wow! That did it! You are awesome. That script is still pretty confusing to me, but that's because I don't have any experience with integers yet. Thanks a ton for the comments in the script. It helps a load for me explaining what each part is doing. I'm gonna take a few minutes and just stare at the script and really try to figure it out so I can learn how to do things like this on my own in the future.

Thanks again for your help. It means a ton! Just have to tweak the script a little now and get some of the more special effect stuff worked in there.
Help me out a little further in undertanding this script please.

Do the integers just start at 0 as a default? And the part where it is "getting" the combototal integer to start out is 0 because it should be 0 on the first one. And before it goes to the next part of the if statement it has to wait on the function to be called again by lighting up another lamp because they all share the same callback. And because it doesn't go through every if statement at once it goes down to the line where it adds 1 to the combototal no matter which part of the if statement was true.

So... if you dont go to the right candle first, lets say the 2nd one. It "gets" the combototal that is not equal to 1 because it is 0 on the first, it doesn't add to the combocorrect integer. Thus setting it up for failure on the line that checks to see if the combocorrect is less than the combototal. Right?

I'm sorry if this text is super confusing because I'm trying to figure it out as I'm typing. If I'm on the right track though, please lemme know! Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2010, 01:14 AM by Soon.)
10-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Lamp puzzle scripting help - by Soon - 10-03-2010, 07:18 PM
RE: Lamp puzzle scripting help - by Entih - 10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
RE: Lamp puzzle scripting help - by Soon - 10-03-2010, 10:35 PM
RE: Lamp puzzle scripting help - by Entih - 10-03-2010, 11:08 PM
RE: Lamp puzzle scripting help - by Soon - 10-04-2010, 12:58 AM
RE: Lamp puzzle scripting help - by Entih - 10-04-2010, 02:01 AM
RE: Lamp puzzle scripting help - by Soon - 10-04-2010, 03:13 AM
RE: Lamp puzzle scripting help - by Alexander - 10-04-2010, 09:35 AM