Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: "Who" did you feel like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I was myself in the game from start to finish
49.63%
67 49.63%
I started out acting as myself and then slowing acted more as Daniel as I learned about him.
38.52%
52 38.52%
I acted as Daniel from start to finish.
11.85%
16 11.85%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia
kailip Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia

1 & 2: I played being myself but at Daniel's shoes, as you described on the 2nd question. I mean, as Daniel, I would do anything to live, even if I was the "bad guy", no matter how many evil acts I've done. If I had played with Alexander I would pretty much do the same. But this is story related. While actually playing the game, I was myself. I kept thinking 'I can't die, I must survive'.

Yes, the relationship did change. You suppose Daniel is a 'good guy', just trying to survive, but he has done evil things and some players may act different after knowing this.
I took partial responsibility, but I didn't actually care, as I said, If I were Daniel I would do anything to survive, including every evil act he has done. And if I were Alexander, I would do the same, too.

In justine this moral part of the game was really well made, too. I personally really liked the ending.

Like Tanshaydar, I'm more of an antagonist person. The only thing that kept me away from having sympathy for Alexander is
1: the fact that the immersion of the game wouldn't let me: I was playing Daniel's role, and
2: the fact that Daniel did evil things as well.

A suggestion: Amnesia and Justine have heavy influences on the player's thought during the game as you give more details about the character.
That could be used to make this next game with some focus on this: More moral choices through the game that may change the game's ending.
I know amnesia and justine had multiple choices and endings, but I didn't feel like the game had any type of focus on this characteristic.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 06:44 PM by kailip.)
10-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia - by kailip - 10-09-2011, 06:10 PM