Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A shooter guy playing Overture
luther's caption Offline

Threads: 6
RE: A shooter guy playing Overture

(08-31-2011, 04:29 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Instead of quitting in frustration, you can post on these forums if you die 5 or more times in an area for some suggestion on how to approach the situation. Just don't go shooting me by mistake, ok?
Thanks I'll do that (not the shooting bit) if I decide to buy it.

(08-31-2011, 06:42 AM)Patacorow Wrote: I'd actually recommend changing it to 'Hard'. It adds a lot.
I guarantee you'll enjoy it if you're into spooky movies and other stuff.
Dunno, I've never even finished a shooter on anything other than Easy, I'm just a casual gamer.
I like creepy movies but in those you're safe. In a game you're in control so it's very different.

(08-31-2011, 01:44 PM)BendyBread Wrote: On topic: Dead Space 2 and other semi-horror games are a joke next to the Penumbra series. The ability to fight back really takes away from the horror, so this'll be all new to you; running and hiding.
Like Patacorov said, its not about jumpscares every 10 minutes. The game itself is one long scare that makes you want to cower in the corner screaming for the most part.
That's what I feared lol. When a scary scene comes only every 20 minutes or so, you can't get used to it so it becomes more intense.
I have pretty weak nerves (gotta take pills to relax) so I'm still doubting whether I should play it at all.

(08-31-2011, 05:03 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Play the full game, only this is a real Penumbra game.
For most people the quote "one of the most scary games ever" might be something great or cool, but that's not the case with me. A game can become TOO scary for some people to play and I could be one of them.

08-31-2011, 11:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A shooter guy playing Overture - by Patacorow - 08-31-2011, 06:42 AM
RE: A shooter guy playing Overture - by luther's caption - 08-31-2011, 11:35 PM