Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: "Who" did you feel like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I was myself in the game from start to finish
49.63%
67 49.63%
I started out acting as myself and then slowing acted more as Daniel as I learned about him.
38.52%
52 38.52%
I acted as Daniel from start to finish.
11.85%
16 11.85%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia

I was myself throughout the game.

(10-09-2011, 10:32 AM)Thomas Wrote: did your "relationship" with Daniel and your thoughts on who were change during the game?

Nope.

(10-09-2011, 10:32 AM)Thomas Wrote: When you learned about the horrible things Daniel had done, did you feel personally responsible for that, did you put yourself in the role of Daniel (taking partial responsibility), or did you feel personally unaffected and just put the blame on Daniel.

Consider it for me as like watching a movie: you could get into the whole story and get immersed but never placing yourself in the place of the main character.

The moment you provide something about the main character that blatantly differentiates between me and the character is the moment you've lost your chance in making me assume that i am indeed the player. This can be as simple as giving the player a name other than my own (note, allowing me to give the player a name won't help either, but it is a nice idea to consider for us CS makers!). The fact that you never see the face of the main character is a good step towards reaching your goal of placing the player into the shoes of the main character, but you're going to need more anonymity and my actions being what makes the story flow rather than setting a stage or linear story that i have to follow or act in.

Believe it or not, i'm an introvert. So you'd figure it'd be a lot easier to get me immersed into the story than those who aren't, especially getting me to believe that i am indeed the main character. However, as mentioned, the more specific you are on the character i'm supposed to assume, the less you'll get me to believe that i am indeed that character. (This would also imply no voice acting.) I know being less specific or being completely anonymous while having events that flow with each other that i nevertheless drive is a very difficult task, but if you want the highest chance of me assuming that i am the character, i'm going to need the steering wheel.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia - by Your Computer - 10-09-2011, 06:47 PM