Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[spoiler]who was the guy in the room?
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: [spoiler]who was the guy in the room?

Heya! I've replaid the game now, at least the first part.
This post is on unseen creatures, the Spider Hater (From here on referred to as S.H.) and the hunter.
I'll edit this post many times, my computer is unstable and I don't want to write it all in one go.

First, I'd like to write about the unseen creatures.
In "Outside" you get the description "I can still hear the wind roaring past. Or is that some kind of animal in the distance?", it sounds like a cow. Then again, are there cows walking around in snowstorms on Greenland? Buffalos, jaks something-or-other?
I've never been to Greenland.
The second time is in the mine, where you have to turn a lever around to open a hatch. When walking close to the hatch something slams against the hatch but too much dust emits so you can't tell whats down there.
This I'd say is just a location-triggered sound and a few balls o' dust, so don't go itch your brains out just because you can't see the something.
I also noticed, if you open the hatch BEFORE walking up to the hatch, and then walk up to it:
Spoiler below!
Nooothing happens Smile
However, if you close it again and walk up to the hatch the slam-event will happen.
This monster, wich I'd say is something we havn't encountered and might not ever encounter (Simply a "unseen" monster to raise tension, sorta like in other games where doors suddenly get slammed from the other side and a large dent/hole is left. There is a monster like this in Doom 3, wich was only seen once in a pre-scripted event but never encountered in combat). For convinience (Did I spell that right?) I'll call it the something from now on.

Somewhy I can't post the part about the Spider Hater and the Hunter, the two more important ones. It sais 403: Forbidden when I try to post it.
I'll retry editing/posting those two first thing in the morning.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[spoiler]who was the guy in the room? - by Eragon - 06-01-2007, 10:01 PM