Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door messages and noises and memos in scripting?
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Door messages and noises and memos in scripting?

(10-17-2011, 11:39 PM)MissMarilynn Wrote: How would I set up the .lang stuff for 1 and 3? Particularly the quests.

and how do I get a message to show up for a locked door that I don't want to be unlocked. For instance, I have a door that is blocked from the other side. How do I get text to appear that says "It's blocked on the other side. You need to go a different way."

Example .lang:

<CATEGORY Name="Doors">
     <Entry Name="LockedDoor1">It's blocked on the other side. You need to go a different way.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
     <Entry Name="Quest_open_door_Text">Quest text goes here.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

Relevant code:

PHP Code: (Select All)
AddQuest("open_door_quest""open_door");
SetMessage("Doors""LockedDoor1"0); 

Everything else is pretty much similar to the previous code i provided with a few changes. Looking at the examples i have provided and studying the wiki article i posted in the second post, you should be able to fill in the rest.

Concerning your edit: You replaced a variable with the entity name without using quotation marks.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011, 12:02 AM by Your Computer.)
10-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Door messages and noises and memos in scripting? - by Your Computer - 10-18-2011, 12:00 AM